My Current Favourite Smoothie: Banana and Grape

Thursday 10 April 2014


So I know that I just posted my top 5 smoothie recipes a couple of weeks ago, but I recently put together this beauty of a smoothie, and I had to vocalise how great it is. As you can see, it's so good I drank half of it before I remembered to snap a picture!

In an attempt to consider food combining rules in my smoothie concoctions, I decided to combine two sweet fruits: banana and grapes.

First, blend the 2 cups of greens with 1-2 cups of water (depending on your desired thickness). I usually use kale or baby spinach. Whichever you prefer.

Then, blend a cup of grapes. Red of green grapes are fine, sometimes I even combine the two. Though red is my favourite. It can take a while to blend the skin of the grapes. Particularly if you don't have a top quality high speed blender. Though I personally don't mind too much if there's a few bits left in there.

And finally, pop in a banana to get a creamy effect. If you don't like banana, maybe consider a quarter or half of an avocado as a substitute.

Also, if you want a more chilled smoothie you can either freeze the grapes over night or replace a half cup of water with about 5 ice cubes.

So let me know how you go and what your favourite smoothie is currently!

xx GBV

No comments:

Post a Comment