Two New Mascaras

Sunday 27 April 2014


While I still love my pink tube of Physician's Formula Organic Wear mascara, I thought I'd give two other cheap but reasonably clean mascaras a go.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Curl Mascara (First Photo)

I love that the packaging of this tube is silver, and not as obnoxious as my regular pink tube. However, I don't rate it's ability of curling to be any better, even though that's really it's main claim of differentiation from it's predecessors. I also found that so far, it's a bit clumpy, even though that doesn't translate too much in the photo. I'll give it a while to dry out, because I find that I like the pinky when it's a bit more dried out, so maybe the CC Mascara will be the same, will keep you updated. While the ingredients don't point towards a new formula, I found that it was better at avoiding transfer than when I first begin a fresh pink tube. But maybe that was just a case of approaching Winter. Just like the pink tube, the ingredients are 100% natural origin and 70% organic. So big thumbs up there. However, I prefer the wand of the pink tube in terms of separating the lashes. So would recommend that one first and foremost.
Green: 9/10
Packaging: 8/10
Formula: 7/10
Wand: 6/10
Price: 7/10
Overall: 7/10


E.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara (Second photo)


Again, I like the packaging of this mascara. Just a sleek black tube. And I love the price tag $5 in-store at Kmart or online at iHerb. However, I save this mascara for night time, as again, I find it's a bit clumpy for the day time. Though that could just be my personal preference. Also, the ingredients aren't natural, but do avoid any big nasties, like parabens. 

Green: 5/10
Packaging: 9/10
Formula: 6/10
Wand: 7/10
Price: 9/10
Overall: 7/10

Conclusion:

While these are both good options, I would still recommend the pink Physician's Formula tube of mascara (8/10), as I think the mascara wand works better with the formula than the new CC version. And while the elf mascara is cheap and sleek in appearance, I think I'll reserve it for night time, as its quite clumpy and not quite as green as I would like.

Let me know if you've tried any of these mascara's or what your favourite mascara is at the moment!

xx GBV

No comments:

Post a Comment