MAYke it Yourself: Banana Caramel 'Ice Cream'

Monday 12 May 2014

Before I made the decision to eat for nourishment, ice cream was my favourite weekly bi-daily treat, you know the ‘low fat, no sugar’ full of chemicals kind… cringe. However, since following a plant based diet, I have managed to well and truly fill that hole with some nutritious alternatives. Here’s my Caramel Banana recipe.

You need:
  • 5 deseeded dates, I use medjool (p.s. this is the caramel – don’t scoff, they actually taste like caramel imo)
  • 3 frozen bananas (remove the skin first – trust me you’ll regret it if you don’t – and stick them in the freezer overnight)
  • 1 non frozen banana
  • 2 tbsp cacao powder
  • A High speed blender

You need to:
Just Blend! I stick the non frozen banana at the bottom and use a tamper to get the bananas blending. Then stick the dates and cacao powder in the blender and voila, a healthy ice cream alternative that tastes delicious!

So let me know if you try this out, or if you have any naughty alternatives you like to make!
Stay tuned for the next MAYke it yourself, on Sunday :)

Have a great week xx GBV

No comments:

Post a Comment