Going Green || TAG

Sunday 23 February 2014

So I know I'm meant to be doing an everyday beauty routine, but I want to make a video to accompany that post, which I didn't have time for today - sorry! So as the title indicates, today I will be joining the going green tag that has been circulating around Youtube, which was started by All Natural Aspirations. And hopefully I can get up my everyday beauty routine post + video next Sunday.

QUESTIONS:

1. What started it all off for you?
So this ties into question two also, but I first decided to remove sulphates (SLS and SLES in particular) from my shampoo half-way through 2012 after finding out some of the dangers tied to that ingredient. While it has not yet been linked to cancer through scientific evidence, it is at the very least a skin irritant: read more here. However, it wasn't until early 2013 that I started to remove parabens from my cosmetics and skincare products, which really got the ball rolling.
2. What was the first thing to go? (Ingredient or product)
(As discussed above) Shampoo with sulphates, then any products with parabens
3. What are you or what did you struggle to let go of?
Fake tan and full coverage concealer. I am in the process of finding a natural fake tan that I'm happy with. And in terms of concealer, while it may not have the same staying power and coverage of my collection lasting perfection concealer, the Oh Sudz concealer is still really good and blends seamlessly. I really like the yellow or salmon correctors for under eye darkness.
4. What has been your best find? (i.e. a green product or a tip that you're really glad you've found/learnt)
Une: Breezy Cheeks Blush in B02. I love this cream to powder formula. I love the B02 colour (though they are all very pretty). I love the packaging. And its less than $15 here.
I also love oils. I did have extremely oily skin. However, since incorporating oils into my skincare routine, my skin has leant more towards the combination side. If you also have oily skin, don't be afraid to try them out! I plan to do a top 5 EO and skincare oils post soon.
5. What has been the worst thing about going green? What has been the hardest to transition or find an adequate green replacement of?
Harder to find reviews of products. Also, I'm not a big fan of loose powders, yet a lot of natural products are in loose powder mineral formula, so that does limit my selection, particularly of eye shadows.
6. Anything else to add? Any tips or tricks to pass on?
Beauty and Health go hand in hand. It is important to use natural products while eating well, getting enough sleep, drinking enough water, exercising and being happy!

Thankyou for reading, and let me know any of your answers to the above questions :)

xx GBV

No comments:

Post a Comment