My Top Ten Oils

Sunday 16 March 2014


Despite being an oily skinned gal, I definitely find that when I'm on top of my skincare routine and incorporating oils, my skin is much suppler and surprisingly less oily throughout the day! So read more to find out my top 10 oils and essential oils.




1. Tea Tree Oil » antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral and anti fungal! That's a lot of anti's. My favourite way to use it is either as a blemish treatment or combined 2 drops with 6 drops of jojoba oil as nightie treatment. However, tea tress oil is also great for dandruff, sinus infections, colds, toothache, sunburn, headline.. etc etc etc. I also add it in to my DIY deodorant. Buy Here*

2. Jojoba Oil » Skin health is maintained by sebum, a waxy oil. The wax holds moisture in the skin, which keeps the skin firm. As we age, our production of wax starts to decrease. Jojoba is the only plant known to produce wax similar to our skin. It's hypoallergenic and contains powerful antioxidants, Vitamins A, D & E and Omega 6 & 9. I find that Jojoba actual stops my skin from over producing oil and does not clog my pores. Buy Here*

3. Coconut Oil » The  fatty acids in coconut oil have anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties, and they also serve as antioxidants which protect your skin. I use coconut oil as an ingredient in my DIY deodorant and tooth paste. It also makes a great shaving cream, makeup remover and hair mask. Buy Here*

4. Lavender Oil » Again, a do all EO. Acne, burns, fatigue, eczema.. you name it, Lavender EO can probably help. I also love the smell of lavender! Buy Here*

5. Sweet Orange Oil » This essential oil is cheap and vibrant. Citrus oils are so diverse through aromatherapy and can either uplift or calm depending upon the levels used. So many DIY recipes call for a citrus element, and I often turn to this baby. Buy Here*

6. Peppermint Oil » Peppermint oil packs a scented punch, but it is also soothe nausea, or when rubbed into the skin, itching and muscle aches. Add drops of peppermint oil to a bowl of hot water and breathe in the steam to fight congestion, or to increase concentration. Another one of my go to EO's. Buy Here

7. Rose hip Oil » containing essential fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants, rose hip oil will nourish, balance and heal all skin types. Over time, wrinkles, scars and stretch marks may begin to fade as well. I find that like jojoba oil, I can safely use rose hip oil without fear for breaking out. And it brings resurfacing qualities if i feel my skin needs an extra pick me up. Buy Here*

8. Grape Seed » again another oil I can slather on my face without fear. GS oil contains a high amount of linoleum acid which is great for fighting acne. Plus its meant to help with dark under eye circles which I certainly have (though mine is predominantly due to my deep set eyes rather than a lack of hydration). I'd recommend getting small batches (30-200ml) as it does expire quickly. Buy Here*

9. Vitamin E Oil » Again, great for adding in DIYs. Vitamin E acts as a preservative, and as another moisturising ingredient. However, try to target the use of Vit E oil as its quite heavy and can cause breakouts. Buy Here*

10. Sweet Almond Oil » My final top oil, Sweet almond oil, is often my base oil. It's cheap and moisturising, so it works great for any DIY for the face or hair. Buy Here*

*Use code: CVS836 at the checkout for up to $10 off

So I hope that you've found some new oils to try out! Let me know what YOUR favourites are, I'd love to hear!

Until Wednesday
xx GBV

No comments:

Post a Comment