Top Five Smoothie Recipes

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Smoothies are such a great way to start the morning. Energising, healthy, quick and delicious, they're quite an easy step for my endeavour to living a healthier lifestyle.

I try and keep my smoothies to a 2:2:2 ratio of fruit:greens:liquids however I like quite a smooth texture, so adjust accordingly to your preference. So here are my top 5 smoothie recipes with my favourite saved for last!

Beginner's Luck »
1 banana
1 cup frozen mixed berries
2 cups spinach
2 cups ice

This smoothie is great for, as you would expect, beginners, but it's also my go to when I don't quite now what I want. It's a fool proof recipe which I always enjoy.

Mango Magic »
1 mango
1 banana
2 cups baby spinach
2 cups of coconut water ice cubes

This is based off of my favourite Boost Juice smoothie, Carribean Green. Except IMO this is a bit healthier without the mango purée and coconut milk. Though it's still just as delicious!!

Berry Good »
1 cup frozen raspberries/cherries
1 cup strawberries with tops
2 cups baby spinach
2 cups ice

When I feel like a bit of berry goodness this is my go to combo as raspberries are my favourite! Though I do also love to change it up with cherries sometimes. This blend gives such a beautiful vibrant pink colour.

Green Goodness »
2 cups kale leaves
1 cup grapes/ 1 apple/ 1 pear/ 1 kiwi
1 banana
[1/2 lemon]
[1 carrot/ cucumber/ 2 celery sticks]
2 cups ice or coconut water ice cubes

This is a powerhouse green smoothie, with a bit of amp from the goodness of kale. To keep the vibrant green colour I like to blend in some sort of green fruit (my favourite is grapes) and to make a smooth consistency, I blend in a banana too. I like to add in a carrot and the juice of half a lemon, but those are optional, as with anything in these recipes. This is my cure to a slightly "bleugh" feeling.

Tropical Dream »
1 peach
1 cup pineapple chunks
2 cups baby spinach
2 cups of coconut water ice cubes

And my favourite smoothie is not a suprise for me really because my favourite scent and favourite fruit is peaches. This really just tastes like the best piña colada ever!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's it! Let me know what your favourite recipes are. I'd love to try out some new ones!
I hope you are having a great week so far, and stay tuned for my February favourites on Sunday!

xx GBV

2 comments:

  1. phwoar these look so good! I'll have to try them out xx

    ReplyDelete